Topic author
Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Re: Infos zu "Time And A Word"

Beitrag von Fragile »

DocFederfeld hat geschrieben:
Aprilfrost hat geschrieben:Das Album mit den unterschiedlichen Plattencovers
Wobei das mittlere mit Steve Howe besonders gut passt :mrgreen:
Später haben Yes (oder vielleicht auch Atlantic Records) das ja wieder relativiert und die "Yes Album"-Singleauskopplung "Your Move/Clap" in einigen Ländern mit Peter Banks auf dem Cover veröffentlicht. :twisted:

Bild
He's seen too much of life,
and there's no going back...

Topic author
Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Re: Infos zu "Time And A Word"

Beitrag von Fragile »

Clips vom Yes-Instagram:

Sweet Dreams

Astral Traveller

Time And A Word

Then

Dear Father

No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Needed

Topic author
Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Re: Time And A Word

Beitrag von Fragile »

Chris Squire über die Arbeit an "Time And A Word":

"Tony Colton who was responsible for producing the album and was also the lead singer in a band called Heads, Hands and Feet –quite a well- known band around London clubs in those days – we had got to know him and somehow he ended up producing the album at Advision Studios on the home made desk they had in there. The maintenance guys had made this desk and Tony Colton decided he was going to mix the whole album on headphones because the Blood, Sweat and Tears album had come out and that had been mixed on headphones and everyone was saying that the effects were incredible.

So I plugged the headphones into the desk. The headphone socket in the desk had a severe lack of bass on it; it was a very tinny sounding headphone socket but nobody knew that at the time. I remember sitting at the back of the room with Steve Howe who was actually at the mixing sessions for Time and a Word even though he had not played on the album. Tony Colton was sitting there and Eddie Offord the engineer was sitting next to him and he kept waving his hands asking for more bass and of course Steve Howe and I were listening to the
mix through a couple of monitors. Steve Howe turned to me and said that the bass was getting awfully loud in the mix. I said, 'I know but he is the producer though, he must be good' (laughs)The weird thing was when that album came out it got all these five and half star reviews from the audio magazines for sound and the bass was really, really loud on It. That was what kind of made me famous – this dodgy headphones socket"

Quelle: The Yes Dialogue (http://stereo33books.com/yes-dialogues/)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Time And A Word“