Yes USA 2016 Tour
2016 Japanese Tour
2017 Southern USA Tour

Wilson
Keymember

Re: 26. Mai 2014 (Mo), Mainz, Phönixhalle

Beitrag von Wilson »

Letzter Beitrag der vorhergehenden Seite:

oceansound hat geschrieben:Fährt denn eigentlich niemand zum Konzert nach Esch-sur-Alzette/Luxembourg am 20.5.2014?
In der Rockhal gibt's diesmal ausnahmsweise sogar Sitzplätze.
Ich eventuell, aber ich habe noch kein Ticket.

dorothea

Re: Yes auf Europa-Tour 2014

Beitrag von dorothea »

dorothea hat geschrieben:
Topographic hat geschrieben:Leipzig passt aber auch, da sich ein Feiertag - und mit anschließendem Brückentag sogar ein langes Wochenende - anschließt. Wäre vielleicht was für ein Forums-Treffen!
Diese Variante hatte ich erst gar nicht in Betracht gezogen, weil Leipzig für mich nur für ein Konzert doch ein bißchen weit weg ist. Aber mit Stadt anschauen und Forumstreffen gewinnt sie erheblich an Charme. Und wenn ich dann noch erzähle, wie oft ich schon in Leipzig war ..... Einziges Hindernis: ein Geburtstag am Donnerstag.
Sodele:
Geburtstag ist öfter, Yes in Leizig ist nicht so oft. Deswegen habe ich jetzt eine Karte für Leizig (natürlich Stehplatz, aber Sitzplätze gabs eh schon keine mehr) und ich freue mich auf einen kleinen Urlaub in Leipzig im nächsten Frühjahr. Zürich hat sich damit für mich erstmal erledigt.
- - -

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Re: YES-Tour 2013

Beitrag von Fragile »

Eine immerhin 70-minütige (Audio)-Aufnahme vom YEStival Camden, NJ (03.08.2013) in guter Quali:

[youtube]zFN0A6CSNGc[/youtube]
He's seen too much of life,
and there's no going back...

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Beitrag von Fragile »

In diesem aktuelleren Interview spricht Alan White von einer ziemlich ausgedehnten Tour im kommenden Jahr. Neben Europa und zweimal Nordamerika (erstere Warm-Up-Shows für das "Cruise To The Edge"-Event) kommen auch Japan, Asien und Australien in den Genuss der "Three Albums":

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/360864

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Beitrag von Fragile »

Das schon länger angekündigte Konzert in Monaco (16.05.2014) ist nun auch bestätigt worden:

SOON
Website-Betreiber

Beitrag von SOON »

Coool!

Bild
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2024 Album Faves

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Re: Yes auf Tour 2014

Beitrag von Fragile »

Wie es aussieht, wird es wohl bei diesen Europa-Shows (und den drei Gigs in Deutschland) bleiben. Das neueste, was Yes konzertmäßig ankündigten, ist eine längere Tournee durch Kanada im kommenden Frühjahr:

http://www.yesworld.com/2013/12/yes-ann ... arch-2014/

Egal, Hackett ist (für mich) ein kleiner Trost dafür.

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Hier der zweite Teil von Alan's Interview, der sich überwiegend auf die aktuellen Tourdaten bezieht.

Es soll auch eine DVD aufgenommen werden ...
UK / European Tour / Memories of past tours
BN. We will be seeing the Band for the first time in Europe for 3 years – including 10 UK dates so obviously great news for the British fans…
Two of the three albums being performed were produced when Bill was in the band. As has been said many times before you do have a different style from Bill, and yet on certain pieces you retain some of Bill’s signature themes – like on Perpetual Change. What was your decision making thought process when deciding what to keep – was it “that theme is central to the song – I’m keeping it” or more “I like that – I’m keeping it”
AW. I listened to how Bill approached the albums, and everyone knows I add a lot more weight and rock style to the music, so I have a style that can incorporate the core rhythms, while making the band more rocky in a way, and not so jazzy. I came to a compromise between two styles and made that work for the band, and the band were ok to move in that direction. I took some of Bill’s parts which are very iconic and they have to be in there for the rest of the band. It was a case of taking the two blends and turning it something suitable for an arena / stadium sound rather than a kind of jazz attitude.
BN. I felt that Benoit David did a fine job with Yes. However Jon Davison has definitely taken the Vocal performance up a notch. What do you feel he has brought to the Band from performance, composition, and “band dynamic” points of view?
AW. He’s been working on the lyrics and the melodies on the new album. He’s a really good songwriter. He presents that to the band, and of course we all work on those, change them and turn them into what they are. He’s a really nice guy, very amenable and we all get on with him very well. He’s good to have around. He is very serious about his vocals and he gets the job done.
BN. On the UK Tour you will be visiting 4 old venues that were on the Tales tour – Oxford New Theatre, Newcastle City Hall, Leicester de Montford, Bristol Hippodrome...
AW. There’s very few intermediate places in UK. You have to play those places or its Wembley Arena, but we love playing them.
BN. When you go onstage in these old theatres, does it bring back memories of your early days in the band?
AW. Of course, we’ve played these places a million times. What’s great about this time is that we will be playing the Royal Albert Hall again. We’re really looking forward to that, and I’m sure everyone will rise to the occasion.
BN. Any memories of the old Scottish venues? Glasgow Apollo was knocked down in the 80s – that seemed to be a favourite of visiting bands. Rick Wakeman has said it was a personal favourite of his.
AW. Funnily enough I just did an interview with a lady from Scottish TV and she asked about the Apollo. It was a great place. I played there a few times with other bands before Yes, and I remember the band members had to be careful not to drink too much in case they fell off that 12 foot high stage.
BN. Do you remember Edinburgh Empire in 1973 when you didn’t get onstage until after midnight?
AW. Yes, because of the Bingo. That was ridiculous. I remember we were going “Number 23 – BINGO! Let us get onstage.” It was crazy sitting waiting around for the Bingo to finish so we could play.
BN. This line-up has been together now for 2 years, - which is a fairly long time in Yes terms. Do you have any plans to record this 3-Album tour for DVD on the Canadian or European Tour?
AW. We are going to make a DVD on the European Tour, and we have a couple of places lined up for that. We just need to figure out which is the best place.
BN. There was some talk of the Albert Hall show being filmed..
AW. It won’t be the Albert Hall. The two places, one is in England and one in Europe.
BN. A late summer release for the new Album, followed by a US Tour featuring the new Music seems to be the plan.. is that right?
AW. Yes, we’ll have a break for about a month and then we go on the road for about 6 weeks in US. We have a heavy schedule coming up this year.
BN. Is there any possibility that you could be coming back to Europe in 2015 to tour with the new Album?
AW. I’m sure we will. We always want to include Europe. We want to play to whoever wants us to come to their area but there is a lot to cover with Europe, Asia, and America.
BN. What about your solo music… It’s been a few years since White was released… any plans for something new, or does Yes keep you busy enough?
AW. I’ve been talking with the Band, and we’ve done a couple of gigs. With the Yes schedule it’s hard to fit anything in there. We’ve been talking about doing another album. A couple of the guys have been writing and I’ve got some stuff to present for another White album, but it’s getting the time to do it.
BN. Thanks very much Alan, that’s all I have. Bye.
AW. Thank you… see you in Miami.
"We are truth made in heaven, we are glorious" (Anderson/Stolt 2016)

Saaldorf

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Beitrag von Fragile »

Ein kurzer Artikel zu den kommenden Konzerten aus der neuesten Ausgabe von "event - Music. Entertainment. Live" (März 2014):

YES - Dreifaches "Ja" zum Prog-Rock
Auch wenn sie ihren kommerziellen Höhepunkt erst 1983 mit dem Album "90125" feiern konnten - ihren kreativen Zenit hatten die britischen Prog-Rocker zweifellos in den 70ern, denen sie ihren Stempel nachhaltig aufgedrückt haben. Davon zeugen Songs wie "Starship Trooper", "Close To The Edge" oder "Going For The One", die allesamt auf drei ihrer einflussreichsten Werke zu finden sind. Und genau die werden die gereiften Herren auf einer ausgiebigen "Drei-Alben-Tournee" von der ersten bis zur letzten Note live spielen: "Es ist, als würde man eine kollektive Erinnerung an diese stilbildende Ära der Siebziger teilen", verleiht Drummer Alan White seinen nostalgischen Gefühlen Ausdruck. Ein dreifaches "Ja" für die Yes-Men!

Fragile
Alumni-Admin

Re: YES-Tour 2013/14

Beitrag von Fragile »

Ein paar Tubes der diesjährigen Konzerte in Kanada (Calgary & Quebec):

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Fragile