"Fly From Here" - Pressestimmen

YES in den Print Medien

Topic author
JJG
Ehren-Admin

"Fly From Here" - Pressestimmen

Beitrag von JJG »

UK mag Classic Rock Prog:

"prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the album. It's got a contemporary edge but it's not 90125. If you're a Yes fan the chances are you'll be more than happy with Fly From Here".

Da bin ich aber gespannt ...
"We are truth made in heaven, we are glorious" (Anderson/Stolt 2016)

Saaldorf

Der Teemeister
Keymember

Re: "Fly From Here" - Pressestimmen

Beitrag von Der Teemeister »

Vierundzwanzigmal werden wir noch wach,
dann haben wir von "Ja" den Krach
--------------------------------------
... into a sky so clear ...
[smilie=snowman.gif] [smilie=guitar.gif]

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

Wieso ist der Thread >>>Informationen zu "Fly From Here"<<< für "Normalos" gesperrt? Traut man uns keine Informationen zu der Scheibe zu?

Na, egal, es geht quasi um eine Journalistische Veröffentlichung:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ummer.html

"Besides watching movies and buying delicious ice cream, the summer is also great for buying albums and listening to music. Before I state the top 10 albums coming out this summer, it is important to note that I enjoy mostly listening to classic rock, punk rock, and alternative rock. With this being said, I have listed the top 10 albums of the 2011 summer below."

Gelistet sind:
Alpocalypse by "Weird Al" Yankovic
"Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
FFH
"If Not Now, When" by Incubus
"The Truth Is -- " by Theory of a Deadman
"Time of My Life" by 3 Doors Down
"Hums of the Lovin' Spoonful" by The Lovin' Spoonful
"Kokomo" (Single) by The Beach Boys
"One More Time: The Chess Years" by Billy Stewart
"The Chase" by Garth Brooks

"Fly From Here" by Yes
In my opinion, Yes is one of the most underrated progressive rock bands of all-time. With classic singles like "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart", Yes will release another album titled "Fly From Here" on July 12th.

Vollprofi :? Weiß nix über Yes und schreibt: "most underrated progressive rock bands of all-time" :roll: . Toll, dass Yes classic singles like "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart" gehabt haben soll - klasse :o

Viellicht hätte er beim "buying delicious ice cream" bleiben sollen

Geschrieben von einem gewissen Tom Harrington

As some of you may know by now, I am a freelance journalist who lives in Greater Boston, Massachusetts. I tend to enjoy writing movies, news, sports and travel articles. Although I do live in Greater Boston, my favorite city is Jacksonville, Florida. I am a Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Boston Red Sox and a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. Another New England sports team that I follow on a regular basis is the Connecticut Sun. I strongly believe that women should have the same opportunity to play the same professional sports that men currently play.

Since I am only 21 years-old, my career experience is rather short. I have previously worked at a grocery store as a customer service clerk and am interested in macroeconomics and finance and may be an accountant in the future.

Und so sieht der Voll-Honk aus Bild

Doppelkonzeptalbum

Beitrag von Doppelkonzeptalbum »

soundmunich hat geschrieben:Und so sieht der Voll-Honk aus Bild
Sieht aus wie ein Bayer!
Und wir können fliegen von hier,
Ja, wir können fliegen von hier...

BBQ.Master
Keymember

Beitrag von BBQ.Master »

Doppelkonzeptalbum hat geschrieben:
Sieht aus wie ein Bayer!
Ist bestimmt soundmunichs neues Profilbild - ohne Bart! :twisted:
"It's better to burn out than to fade away ...because rust never sleeps." - Neil Young

Bild

Aprilfrost
Keymaster

Beitrag von Aprilfrost »

BBQ.Master hat geschrieben:
Doppelkonzeptalbum hat geschrieben:
Sieht aus wie ein Bayer!
Ist bestimmt soundmunichs neues Profilbild - ohne Bart! :twisted:
deutlich vorgealtert :lol:

Doppelkonzeptalbum

Beitrag von Doppelkonzeptalbum »

Arbeitsplätze.
Und wir können fliegen von hier,
Ja, wir können fliegen von hier...

DocFederfeld
Keymember

Beitrag von DocFederfeld »

soundmunich hat geschrieben:Vollprofi :? Weiß nix über Yes und schreibt: "most underrated progressive rock bands of all-time" :roll: . Toll, dass Yes classic singles like "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart" gehabt haben soll - klasse :o
Was soll er eigentlich sonst schreiben - most overrated :?: :lol:, most appreciated :?: :roll: , most disrespected from the fu#$ing punks :?: ;)

Kyo

Beitrag von Kyo »

Der britische Journalist Dave Ling schreibt:

Saturday 4th June
For the last few days I’ve been busy absorbing the new album from Yes. ‘Fly From Here’ is the band’s debut with new singer Benoît David and features a returning Geoffrey Downes of Asia, who took over from Oliver Wakeman during the recording process (at the instigation of the prorject’s producer Trevor Horn – as I learned during yesterday’s phone interviews conducted with Chris Squire and the aforementioned Downes). I’m extremely impressed with ‘Fly From Here’, the first studio album from Yes in ten years. It’s released by Frontiers Records on July 1 here in Europe.

Quelle: http://daveling.co.uk/diary.htm
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Bild

Aprilfrost
Keymaster

Beitrag von Aprilfrost »

Ein Rezensent schreibt auf http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=33381

"Strange, They are back in their most commercial line-up, but it doesn't seem so bad after all!!

Now We are coming back along with them into the Era of Yes "Drama": the choice of the producer and songwriter as well- Mr Trevor Horn- is a clear idea that is already moving us into a new coloured and melodic world of a linear symphonic pop genre, but it's not a bad choice!!

First of all They keep on playing according to their "suite-format" of the old symphonies ("Fly from here" divided into 6 sections), whose 1st section, "Overture" is an easy but intelligent introduction, including the Benoit David's opening words, with his delicate and clear voice, a lower version in comparison to the vocalism by T. Horn, but a pleasant tone to be heared after all...well, actually I could care less about Jon Anderson missing here, cause He's the best and unique true singer by Yes in their best line-up; nevertheless the output is anyway good!!

Despite of its easy "gait", the whole suite - by taking over the plot of the composition, is slowly growing more and more, even though by means of no particular brilliant performances from the compositional point of view (T. Horn and G. Downes are the "masters" in semplifying the harmony, by increasing the sense of melody)...but the instrumental parts are well played by all the members and you can find some intelligent guitar riffs here, where Mr Howe never does too much to show his skill and He's working here for the balance of the whole composition.

Well it's the first listen to this new album and I might have a more precise and full opinion about it after a repeated listening to it...now it's a bit early to express a definitive opinion, even though it seems to me that the album lacks of something, not the imagination certainly, but something else, if compared to best early Yes albums...nevermind, for the moment it's a "three stars score" as a prog related album, that could be increased time after time...it's a modern product and the new band members don't expect to be the composers of a true prog masterpiece, in spite of a few declarations by Chris Squire, who tells us that the album represents the best of Yes in the seventies and eighties, with a modern turning-point of their music career...well I'm waiting for your opinions in the period between June, 22 and July 2011!!"
Antworten

Zurück zu „YES - Pressearchiv“