[NEWS!] Rick Wakeman

Bei Yes: Keyboarder 1971 - 1974, 1976 - 1980, 1990 - 1992, 1995 - 1997, 2002 - 2004
Instrumente: Tasteninstrumente
Geburtsdatum: 18.05.1949
Geburtsort: London
Aktuelle Band: Solo ; YfARW
Ehemalige Band: Strawbs

SOON
Website-Betreiber

Re: Rick Wakeman

Beitrag von SOON »

Letzter Beitrag der vorhergehenden Seite:

es ist schon ärgerlich wie manche Veranstalter mit ihren Kunden umgehen.
Die Künstler können da vermutlich nichts dafür, stehen aber in der Kritik.
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2023 Album Faves

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

SOON hat geschrieben:stehen aber in der Kritik.
Und die ist berechtigt, weil sie ja den Veranstalter wählen. Sie müssen ja nicht mit bestimmten Leuten zusammenarbeiten. Und wenn bestimmte Veranstalter keine Künstler mehr bekommen, haben sie die Quittung. Also sind genau die Künstler diejenigen, die auf Veranstalter Einfluss nehmen können.

... außer die Künstler müssen froh sein, überhaupt einen Veranstalter zu bekommen. Da beißt sich die Katze dann in den Schwanz.

Aktuell ist das "Nachgehen" schon gehörig Aufwand, wen man wie informieren kann. Ich sach Bescheid, was wie läuft.

glassonyonpr

Rick Wakeman Guests on New Album By Leon Alvarado

Beitrag von glassonyonpr »

For Immediate Release

Prog Keyboardist/Composer Leon Alvarado To Release New Concept Album “The Future Left Behind”
Feat. YES Legends Rick Wakeman & Billy Sherwood!

Houston, TX – Hot on the heels of his critically acclaimed third album “2014, Music from an Expanded Universe”, keyboardist/composer Leon Alvarado will be releasing his new album “The Future Left Behind” on July 30, 2016! The highly anticipated new concept album features guest appearances by YES Legends Rick Wakeman & Billy Sherwood, as well as Johnny Bruhn (CIRCA:) and Steve Thamer.

According to Leon, “The idea of creating a concept album out of instrumental progressive rock music had appealed to me ever since I first heard Rick Wakeman's 'Journey To The Centre of The Earth'. What I found difficult was to create all the individual pieces that would unify the set of ideas into a single concept. It meant for me to come up with a story, some music and a set of visuals that together would form an inclusive experience. I started by working on music that had more of a cinematic feel than my usual, meaning that when played, it evokes certain imagery in the listener's mind.”

Says Leon, “My goal was to create something that would combine the artwork and the music into one cohesive vision. I thought that basing my project on a sci-fi story would be very fitting and would give me the necessary creative space to make music that entices the imagination, like what Vangelis', Rick Wakeman's and YES' music do for me.”

Billy Sherwood had this to say about his participation on the album, “It was my pleasure to be a part of Leon's new record… I had a blast working on it and I'm sure fans of great music are going to enjoy this new record!”

Leon's first album, “Plays Genesis and Other Original Stuff,” drew on his strongest musical influences, primarily, the many styles in Genesis's lengthy career. By the time Leon released his second album, “Strangers in Strange Places,” he had refined his method and his vision, and it's the audience who wins. “Strangers” features Brand X's John Goodsall on guitar and the legendary drummer Bill Bruford (YES, King Crimson, Earthwork) and reveals an intertwining of progressive rock and ambient textural sound that blossoms in, “2014, Music from an Expanded Universe”. For this third release, he enlisted the talents of Trey Gunn (King Crimson) and Jerry Marotta (Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oats).

And now, much to the excitement of Prog fans worldwide, Leon is set to release his latest masterpiece, “The Future Left Behind.” In regards to the guest performers, Leon explains, “To help the story along and properly set the pieces of music we recorded some narrated bits. I wanted a voice with a large presence. A deep resonating voice that more or less commands to be heard. Steve Thamer is a Canadian voice-over talent who majored in Classical Theatre and has work doing voice-overs for audio books, films and animated shorts.

“As for Billy Sherwood, I envisioned his involvement in the project from the outset. He played a big part in the recording and helped me in elevating the music as a whole. Billy is very down to earth and has to be one of the hardest working musicians I have ever met. He is also extremely proficient and doesn't waste any time when it comes to getting things down musically.

“During one of my visits to California I went to see Billy's other band CIRCA:. The guitar player was Johnny Bruhn. I've seen many people perform YES music before but Johnny's guitar playing captured the feel of it so well that it left an impression on me. When this album was conceived, I knew I would have a place for him.

“I have the greatest respect for all the people involved in the project. I must admit that when it came to working with Rick Wakeman, I was a bit nervous at first. But in the end, it was one of those 'pinch me' moments that worked brilliantly. It's not everyday that you have one of your musical heroes performing on a piece you composed.

“The last person to touch the material was Andy Jackson. This is my third project working with him and I couldn't be happier about it. Andy is better known as Pink Floyd's engineer of 30 years and his work has been nominated twice for Grammys. He won two British Hi-Fi Awards for his work with Pink Floyd and was a co-producer for 'The Endless River' album. What I really like about Andy's work is his personal taste for sound. To me he is truly a magician at the controls.”

For the fans, although also available as a digital download, the CD version of the album has the most to offer. Leon envisioned the album to be something more than just a set of musical pieces. Instead, he immerses the listener in the world he has conceived through music, story and imagery, and allows their own imagination to fill in the details, creating a very personalized experience for each. “It is the most ambitious album I have created so far. 'The Future Left Behind' speaks to those who like Science-fiction stories and futuristic artwork. Like many of my projects, my approach is always to create something that I would want to see.”

Tracks:

1. PREFACE 1:16
2. LAUNCH OVERTURE 6:10
3. A VOYAGE… 0:49
4. JOURNEY INTO SPACE 2:39
5. WEIGHTLESS 2:24
6. HARD CHOICES 0:50
7. THE ONES LEFT BEHIND 6:14
8. LIFE IN THE OUTSIDE 0:55
9. AMONG THE STARS 6:06
10. MUCH ADO ABOUT… 0:36
11. IN OUR QUIET ORBIT 6:36
12. TO BE LOVED 2:43
13. A SILVER LINING 0:39
14. THE STAR SEEKERS 3:28

Leon Alvarado: Keyboards, sequencing, drums, percussion, launch control voices
Billy Sherwood: Lead and rhythm guitars on all except for “To Be Loved”
Rick Wakeman: Moog solo on “Launch Overture” and extra keyboards
Johnny Bruhns: Acoustic guitar on “To Be Loved”
Steve Thamer: Narration

Produced and mixed by: Leon Alvarado
Guitar tracks produced by: Billy Sherwood
Mastered by: Andy Jackson / Tube Mastering
All songs by Leon Alvarado
except “To Be Loved” by Johnny Bruhns and Leon Alvarado
Based on “The Future Left Behind”, an original short story by Leon Alvarado
Design and Illustrations: Synergy Design / LA

To purchase:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/leonalvarado5
http://mrrmusic.com/leon-alvarado/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/leon ... d304356695

For more information:
www.melodicrevolution.com
www.leonplaysmusic.com

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

Da wird man die Diskographie bald wieder um gleich ein paar neue Werke ergänzen müssen:

Das komplette Angebot unter: Wakeman's Neueste

Mich interessieren vor allem diese beiden:

Starmus 2015

RRAW
MFGZ019DVD
GonzoMedia
DVD

July 29th 2016

Starmus is festival of music and astronomy on the beautiful island of Tenerife. It is the brain child Garik Israelian (The astrophysicist who led the team which found the first observational evidence that supernova explosions are responsible for the formation of stellar mass black holes). Rick Wakeman has made several appearances at this festival. The most notable was in 2015 where he was joined on stage by Dr Brian May, the iconic guitarist from Queen, where Rick Wakeman and English Rock Ensemble performed amongst other tracks from throughout Rick’s career a legendary version of Starship Trouper. This DVD is a must for all fans of Classic Rock!

-----------

Gastank

RRAW
MFGZ020DVD
MFGZ020CD
MFGZBOX2

GonzoMedia
Double DVD
Triple CD
Boxed Set

16th September 2016

Gastank was an English television show that aired between 1982–1983 on Channel 4. Hosted by Rick Wakeman the show featured a mix of interviews with 1970s musicians and impromptu performances where the guest artist would join Rick and his house band in playing re-arranged versions of their classic songs, or entirely new pieces created for the show. The format was very informal with the setting likened to a bar where Wakeman would interview the guest over a drink or two followed by their performance in front of a small studio audience sitting in groups at tables. Wakeman would frequently cite the show as an opportunity for musicians from different bands to get the opportunity to work together. During its run, the show featured guests as diverse as Ian Paice, Steve Hackett, Andy Fairweather Low, John Entwistle, Godley and Creme, Eric Burdon and Phil Lynott. Now for the first time on DVD all the episodes of Gastank along with a CD of these now seminal music performances of Rick and his guests.

Special Limited Edition Boxset containing
Double DVD and a Double CD
Signed by Rick Wakeman
and numbered certificate
Gastank T Shirt
Rick Wakeman - The Gastank Interviews book
Reproduction AAA pass
Standard Edition
Double DVD
Triple CD

-----------

Leider kann man sie erst vorbestellen und sind sie bei anderen Anbietern überhaupt (noch) nicht gelistet.

Zu beiden Werken gibt es ältere Ausschnitte bei YouTube.

Topographic
Keymember

Beitrag von Topographic »

Wakeman und Sherwood sind auf dem neuen Album des Multiinstrumentalisten Leon Alvardo, "The Future Left Behind" zu hören. Sherwood spielt die Gitarren, Wakeman ist nur an diesem Titel beteiligt - unverkennbar sein Moog-Solo:

Launch Overture

glassonyonpr

Rick Wakeman and Astronaut Chris Hadfield

Beitrag von glassonyonpr »

For Immediate Release

Keyboard Icon Rick Wakeman and Legendary Astronaut Chris Hadfield Pay Tribute To Stephen Hawking and David Bowie At Starmus Festival 2016

London, UK - In a rare meeting of the minds, keyboard icon Rick Wakeman and legendary astronaut paid tribute to Stephen Hawking at the Starmus Festival in Tenerife, Spain on July 1, 2016! The two legends performed a moving tribute David Bowie with their rendition of his classic song “Space Oddity”.

Watch the video:

The Starmus Festival was born with the aim of making the most universal science and art accessible to the public. Traditionally the perfect symbiosis between astronomy, art and music, STARMUS 2016 brought together not only the brightest minds from these areas but many others besides, as we debate the future of humanity with scientists, business people at the cutting edge, and celebrities of all kinds.

Chris Austin Hadfield is a retired Canadian astronaut who was the first Canadian to walk in space. An engineer and former Royal Canadian Air Force fighter pilot, Hadfield has flown two space shuttle missions and served as commander of the International Space Station.

Commander Hadfield originally performed a cover Bowie's “Space Oddity” on board the International Space Station in 2013. He posted the video on the internet which immediately became a global sensation, being the first ever music video performed in space. Although he had made the video for a number of reasons, Hadfield felt that, “Maybe most importantly, it was a chance to let people see where we truly are in space exploration”. David Bowie himself responded saying that the cover of his 1969 song was “possibly the most poignant version of the song ever created”. The guitar Hadfield used to perform the song is still on the space station where it will remain forever!

Rick Wakeman, who played mellotron on the original version of Bowie's “Space Oddity” says, “It’s a real honour to have played on probably the two most iconic versions of 'Space Oddity', the brilliant original with David of course and now this very special version with Chris that was born 300 miles from planet earth!”

While the Starmus Festival 2016 was paying tribute to Hawking, the promoters also decided to pay tribute to David Bowie! Why? Because Bowie and Hawking share the same birthday - January 8th. Also, Bowie was very much inspired by Space, Astronomy etc… He was invited to Starmus but the invitation arrived the same day he passed…

For more information: http://www.starmus.com/

Rick Wakeman - “Rainbow Suite”

Starmus is festival of music and astronomy on the beautiful island of Tenerife. It is the brain child Garik Israelian (The astrophysicist who led the team which found the first observational evidence that supernova explosions are responsible for the formation of stellar mass black holes). Rick Wakeman has made several appearances at this festival. The most notable was in 2014 where he was joined on stage by Dr Brian May, the iconic guitarist from Queen, where Rick Wakeman and English Rock Ensemble performed amongst other tracks from throughout Rick’s career a legendary version of Starship Trooper. This release is a must for all fans of Classic Rock!

This is a brand new orchestral piece written and performed by Rick Wakeman and the Orion Orchestra. This is a specially written piece of therapeutic music designed for people with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder to enjoy as well aficionados of good quality instrumental music. This is Rick and Orchestra at their finest !!!

Available to pre-order from www.rickwakemansmusicemporium.com

For more information:
http://www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk/produc ... Suite.html

Release Date: 25th November 2016

Catch Rick Wakeman on tour with ARW (Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin & Rick Wakeman) this Fall 2016! http://www.arw-tour.com/

Rick Wakeman's official website: http://www.rwcc.com/

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158 (USA), glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Topographic
Keymember

Beitrag von Topographic »

Rick Wakeman ist "Special Guest" beim Konzert "Keith Emerson - A Musical Celebration Of His Life" am 28.Juli in Birmingham.
Emerson - Celebration

Wird sicher ein außergewöhnliches Konzert, auch weil Rachel Flowers mit dabei ist. Für die blinde Keyborderin begeistere ich mich seit Jahren - bekannt wurde sie auf Youtube durch ihre ELP-Interpretationen.

[BBvideo 360,250][/BBvideo]

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

Da hat er ja jetzt noch einen "strangen" Grund gefunden, um nach den massiven Kritiken der Fans doch noch zuzustimmen, an der RRHoF Zeremonie teilzunehmen (von der Facebook Seite):

A statement from Rick regarding RRHOF:

“I am very pleased to announce that as the Hall of Fame have now agreed to present Chris Squire’s wife with a posthumous award acknowledging his massive contribution to YES, I have agreed to attend the Induction ceremony in New York to both stand proudly with my fellow band mates Jon and Trevor and also to watch Chris’s wife Scottie collect this well deserved award on his behalf. I also hope that this move to acknowledge members of bands who sadly did not live to receive their own honour, means they can get them posthumously in the future”.

Wilson
Keymember

Beitrag von Wilson »

Ein Artikel aus dem heutigen Guardian:

The day I played Mellotron for David Bowie

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

Ein gewisser Jerry Ewing‎ schrieb an Prog Magazine Readers

"Congratulations to Rick Wakeman, for creating chart history. Piano Portraits is the first ever solo piano album to reach the UK Top 10 Album Chart...

Say's Rick: "If I’m really honest I’m amazed to see it in the top 10, but I am genuinely thrilled that so many people have taken Piano Portraits to their hearts, especially as every performance on the record emanated from my heart".

Wakeman is planning a Piano Portraits UK tour for later on this year."

Mich hauen seiner Portraits in white & black nicht so vom Hocker, aber die Briten haben ja auch für den Brexit gestimmt ...

SOON
Website-Betreiber

Beitrag von SOON »

Ich glaube im UK ist Wakey auch heute noch, durch Fernseh- und Radio-Sendungen, ziemlich populär.
So ein kleiner Achtungserfolg sei ihm gegönnt.
Ich gehe allerdings schon lange nicht mehr blind das Risiko ein eine Wakeman Scheibe zu kaufen.
Da ist mir zu viel gleichförmiges und zu viele Wiederholungen dabei.
"Piano Portraits" gilt ja als sein 100tes Album.
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2023 Album Faves
Antworten

Zurück zu „Rick Wakeman“