Geburtsort: Accrington
Aktuelle Band: Anderson Ponty Band, YfARW
Ehemalige Bands: The Warriors, ABWH

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Re: [NEWS!] Jon Anderson

Beitrag von JJG »

Letzter Beitrag der vorhergehenden Seite:

@ Frosty - ja stimmt der heißt nicht Corea sondern Corega mit Vornamen, der Nachname ist Tabs. :boys_lol:
"We are truth made in heaven, we are glorious" (Anderson/Stolt 2016)

Saaldorf

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Hier die Übersetzung eines Interviews mit Jon, demnach soll sein Solo-Album im Sommer kommen.
Laut des Interviews kündigt Jon auch Chris Squire und Alan White als Musiker an.
Das Yes feat ARW-Album lässt wohl noch länger auf sich warten, derweil arbeitet Stolt schon weiter
am 2. Anderson/Stolt Album, aber lest selbst:

1. Hello Jon, it's a pleasure to talk to you. Please say hello to Brazil.
I love love, love Brazil, with all my heart.
2. So we learn that you're working on a new solo album. This is very exciting. What can we expect from it and how is it developing?
You're doing great! I am very busy writing, singing, composing and living a full and serene life with my beautiful and wonderful wife Janee.
The new album will be released this summer. I think we'll release some songs on YouTube before the release. It will be called "1,000 Hands", relative to the number of people touching it. Many really amazing artists have worked on this project. The song started 28 years ago in Big Bear, just south of Los Angeles, and the reason it took so long is a long story ...
3. I need to compliment your Anderson / Stolt project album, which is very interesting. Roine Stolt told us that a second album is on the way. Can you tell us how things are and how this project started?
We have a special way of working, which is totally over the internet. I send you the songs and he creates a network of musical ideas based on my creations. So this helps me add more vocal ideas. He is a master of production and a great guitarist, singer and producer. Our relationship is unique and things are gradually happening.
4. Jon, you and the rest of the members of YES Featuring ARW are shedding tears of happiness at the fans in every performance. How do you feel about reaching that level of the fans' connection to your music and how you are feeling when you play with your old friends again?
As you said, "all of us" are fans. We love the music we play and love to create ideas and adventures for everyone who understands the music of Yes. It never grows old, and with Rick and Trevor, it really sounds renewed every show. We have a video coming out next month from a show we recorded at Apollo in Manchester, UK.
5. Is there any plan for an album with new songs from YES Featuring ARW? Are you recording together?
It's taking so long to record new songs. Sometimes music is the master and my mantra is: "it will happen when it happens."
6. With all these projects in the oven, it is remarkable to see you creating more and more for the music. After all the albums and projects you participated in, what inspires you to continue making music and tours?
I sing almost every day, make new songs, compose for orchestra and choir, and write stories. Everything to be part of the Zamran world (a project that Jon has been working on for years as a sequel to his first solo album "Olias of Sunhillow"), which will be ready when it's ready. It's a continuous concept of music forever, creating information and stories with beautiful visuals.
7. What about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Who had the idea of ​​recruiting Geddy Lee for the bass and how was the atmosphere between the two sides of Yes that night?
All of us were "OK". Geddy was so happy to play with us ... I think Trevor got the idea. It was a very special night, never to be forgotten. We are very proud to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
8. And now, the million dollar question: do you see any possibility of joining the two sides of Yes again or do you think it's best to leave everything as it is?
At this moment I believe it is not possible. But I would like it to happen one day. It's happened before, so we'll never know ...
9. Jon, YES covered all aspects of music throughout his long career. The decade of classical and progressive rock from the 70's, the electronic wave / synthpop / new wave of the 80's, and the pop of the 90's. Could you tell us what's your favorite Yes album of every decade?
For me, the 70's were pure adventure: "Close to the Edge";
80s: pure fame, "90125";
90s: confusion, "Magnification";
2000s: happy to be alive and making music;
Now the next ...
10. With a successful career and so many projects, is there an artist that you would like to work and that has not yet been possible?
My new album - "1,000 Hands" - allowed me to work with Ian Anderson, Corea Chick, Billy Cobham, Chris Squire and Alan White, and Jean Luc Ponty, Zap Mama ... and many others. I would also love to sing with Stevie Wonder.
11. Sometimes we like something so much, that we say phrases such as "I wish I had created this text" or "I wish I had written this book". Thinking this way, which disc do you like so much that would love to have it created?
(Jon gets excited). I wish I had written the Sibelius Seventh Symphony.
12. Jon, thank you very much for your attention and I wish you success with Yes Featuring ARW, the new album and future projects. This last space is yours. Brazil wants to see you here as soon as possible. Thank you!
Janee and I love Brazil absurdly. When people talk, they sing. Much love and light for all.

Saaldorf

Topic author
Topographic
Keymember

Beitrag von Topographic »

JJG hat geschrieben: Mi 16. Mai 2018, 21:13 Hier die Übersetzung eines Interviews mit Jon, demnach soll sein Solo-Album im Sommer kommen.
Laut des Interviews kündigt Jon auch Chris Squire und Alan White als Musiker an.
Das Yes feat ARW-Album lässt wohl noch länger auf sich warten, derweil arbeitet Stolt schon weiter
am 2. Anderson/Stolt Album:
Ein neues Album von Jon Anderson ist immer Grund zur Vorfreude. Dass Squire und White mit auf 1000 Hands zu hören sein werden, ist schon eine Überraschung. Zeigt aber auch, wie alt die Aufnahmen sind, die Anderson da nun aufpoliert. Ich bin bei diesem Konzept sehr gespannt. Und einiges soll vorher auf Youtube zu hören sein.

Sein Kommentar zum ARW-Studio-Album senkt die Erwartungen nochmals drastisch. Da geht wohl wirklich nicht viel vorwärts. Sehr schade.

SOON
Website-Betreiber

Beitrag von SOON »

wobei Jons Solo-Sachen fast alle soweit von YES und Prog weg sind, dass es kaum jemand interessieren dürfte.
Dafür gibt es kein Publikum.
Mit ein bisschen Namedropping gibt es evtl. ein bisschen mehr Aufmerksamkeit.
MAKE PROG NOT WAR ! ---> ---> My 2024 Album Faves

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Da bin ich wirklich gespannt, Anderson kündigt "1000 Hands" für diesen Sommer an:
You mentioned your solo album 1000 Hands. How is that coming along?

I had tapes lying around in my garage that I`d been working on for years and I got this great producer and said that I really wanted people who I`d met with throughout my life to play on it. I`ve got Ian Anderson, Billy Cobham, Jean Luc Ponti, Chick Corea involved. I got all of these people to play on the record and it sounds like it was made last week. Some of the recordings go back years but we have upgraded them and improved them over the years but the songs still sounded great. I`ve written 3 or 4 new songs to go with it and I`ve just done some videos for it in Orlando. It was a lot of fun to do. The album is out in the summer and I`m very excited about it.

Saaldorf

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Auf Tour soll's nächstes Jahr (2019) auch gehen, mit "1000 Hands" und "Olias" aber lest selbst:
Next year I`ll tour do a solo tour with a full orchestra and choir doing 1000 Hands and my `70`s solo album Olias Sunhillow. I`m working on half a dozen projects, so I`m keeping very busy.

Saaldorf

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

JJG hat geschrieben: Mi 30. Mai 2018, 23:54 Auf Tour soll's nächstes Jahr (2019) auch gehen, mit "1000 Hands" und "Olias" aber lest selbst:
Next year I`ll tour do a solo tour with a full orchestra and choir doing 1000 Hands and my `70`s solo album Olias Sunhillow. I`m working on half a dozen projects, so I`m keeping very busy.
Hmmmmmmmmmm, der arme Jon. Klingt leider sehr "Wakeman-isch": 1000 Ankündigungen und am Schluss kommt bei nichts was raus. "Olias Sunhillow" hätte ich mir - soweit vernünftig ein Konzertort erreichbar sein sollte - schon mal angehört.

Topic author
Topographic
Keymember

Beitrag von Topographic »

JJG hat geschrieben: Mi 30. Mai 2018, 23:54 Auf Tour soll's nächstes Jahr (2019) auch gehen, mit "1000 Hands" und "Olias" aber lest selbst:
Olias wollte Jon Anderson ja schon einmal auf die Bühne bringen - die Frage ist eben immer, wie groß ist das Interesse der Veranstalter und des Publikums. Diesmal stehen Roine Stolt und ein oder zwei Alben mit hinter dem Projekt, vielleicht sind das bessere Vorzeichen für eine Realisierung. Olias live zu hören, das wäre ein Traum!

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Topographic hat geschrieben: Do 31. Mai 2018, 13:55
Olias wollte Jon Anderson ja schon einmal auf die Bühne bringen - die Frage ist eben immer, wie groß ist das Interesse der Veranstalter und des Publikums. Diesmal stehen Roine Stolt und ein oder zwei Alben mit hinter dem Projekt, vielleicht sind das bessere Vorzeichen für eine Realisierung. Olias live zu hören, das wäre ein Traum!
Wahrscheinlich kommt es auch darauf an bei welcher Plattenfirma die Rechte sind. Wie man sieht, geht es bei Warner nur ums Geld,
die Künstler haben wenig Einfluss. Bei Inside Out besteht bestimmt Interesse an einer Live-Version von Olias auf Tonträger und damit
an einer Tour. Man kann nur hoffen, dass Anderson bei bester Gesundheit bleibt und auch weiterhin auf die Bühne will.

Saaldorf

Member X
Keymaster

Beitrag von Member X »

JJG hat geschrieben: Do 31. Mai 2018, 17:21Wahrscheinlich kommt es auch darauf an bei welcher Plattenfirma die Rechte sind. Wie man sieht, geht es bei Warner nur ums Geld, die Künstler haben wenig Einfluss. Bei Inside Out besteht bestimmt Interesse an einer Live-Version von Olias auf Tonträger und damit an einer Tour. Man kann nur hoffen, dass Anderson bei bester Gesundheit bleibt und auch weiterhin auf die Bühne will.
Die Rechte an Live-Aufführungen liegen immer beim Urheber (in diesem Fall Künstler). Die Rechte von Reproduktionen (Bild- und Tonträger) sind davon grundsätzlich verschieden - die Rechteinhaber davon können die Live-Aufführung nicht verhindern, schon aber die Veröffentlichung von Aufzeichnungen einer Live-Aufführung.

JJG
Ehren-Admin

Beitrag von JJG »

Saaldorf
Antworten

Zurück zu „Jon Anderson“